VIRTUAL EMBASSY EVENT: STORMING THE BASTILLE CELEBRATION
Sat, July 11, 2020 @ 08:30PM To Sat, July 11, 2020 @ 11:00PM
$10.00 - $15.00
Just because you are stuck inside – it doesn’t mean you can’t travel to France for BASTILLE DAY!
On Saturday, July 11th, bring the celebrations of Champs Elysees into your living room with a very interactive cultural experience and celebration!
The Spirit of Bastille Day comes alive with a multi-faceted party that will offer you live French music, cooking lessons, mixology, video, and a top DJ with dancing!
Plus, we will break out interactive rooms for a short session during the evening to offer some special French one on one interactions and experiences with your fellow revelers!
1) MARIE ANTOINETTE’S FRENCH COOKING CLASS
Begin the festivities tonight with an amazing Parisian cooking class from Hughes Cossard. From A to Z, he will walk you through the steps to create a phenomenal French “Let Them Eat Cake” dessert!
2) FRENCH WINE AND CHAMPAGNE PRESENTATION
- Champagne tasting with Palladium Imports’
- Wine tasting with Palladium Imports (Bordeaux, probably)
- Both a Chef and a Sommelier, Jordan is the brand ambassador for Château de Pommard in the United States. Tonight, your wine experience will feature a couple of great wines from Burgundy, their story, and how they can match with a delicious meal. Enjoy! Learn which wines will bring you (metaphorically) right to the streets of Paris through taste and style! We will learn how to properly purchase, taste and enjoy the best of French wines. (A Champagne Tasting is available for VIP Registration).
3) DIPLOMATIC/EMBASSY GREETING
4) FRENCH SINGER
Sought after to perform by the French Ambassador, the French Embassy, the French-American Chamber of Commerce, the Canada Council of the Arts and the Organization of American States. Jennifer is a free-spirit well known and acclaimed for her French vocals performance of French Fusion and world jazz with vocals in French and English.
5) ROCHAMBEAU CHOIR – DIRECT FROM FRANCE
Trained as a pianist and as an opera singer, Simon has already made his mark as a dynamic and charismatic instructor and musically versatile, multi-faceted performer/conductor. He is the assistant conductor of the Southern Maryland Youth Orchestra and conducts the Rochambeau Choir and the Choir of the French Embassy. Simon teaches music at Rochambeau, the French International School.
6) LIVE FRENCH MUSIC
Singer/keyboardist from Martinique, a French department. Tropical style with European Classics and American pop.
7) SPECIAL GUEST: LOUIS XVI (complete with his head on his shoulders…)
Michael Levick has portrayed celebrities and historical personalities ranging from Elvis to Austin Powers, Santa Claus, Trump and George Washington. Tonight, he is the last king of France telling you some head-chopping facts about his royal self.
8) HISTORY: Know Your Louis! A history specialist tells you why the French revolted.
Get enlightened (enlightened… get it? 😉 ) with the help of a historian and learn your bourgeois from your sans-culottes.
9) BREAKOUT ROOMS
At some point during the evening, we will break out into smaller rooms and offer you the chance to chat one on one with your new friends. Share stories about part French experiences, get ideas, and perhaps make new friends that can last a lifetime.
10) DJ AND DANCING: Let’s celebrate: Finish the night with a DJ spinning French and American hits!
- This isn’t a simple night where you watch a DJ mix music and stare at his talents. The DJ will get you off your seats and into a live, interactive dancing party! As if you were in the hottest clubs in Paris, he will showcase different styles of French and American music! As you dance, you will feel the European dance floors beneath your feet and the European warmth of your fellow revelers (even if virtually)
All chatroom links and invitations will be sent out a few minutes before the event (to ensure only registrants attend). They will be sent to the email address you use to register for the event.
Any unauthorized person, or any person acting inappropriately during the chat room, or anyone using this as a forum to sell their own services or products will be immediately removed and blocked.
Casual (French Wear Encouraged)BUY NOW